Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flower Crayon Melting - Project 1

Flower Crayon Melt

You will need:
1 canvas
2-3 boxes of 24 crayons
1 hot glue gun and a few refill sticks
1 hairdryer
1 bundle of fake flowers
newspaper

My first crayon melting project

This was my first crayon melting project that i made for my mom for her birthday. Let me just say that this was extremely messy, so i urge you to coat your floor with newspaper. Also, I did not have a heating tool yet, so I used a hairdryer on high. Don't hold it too close or the melted crayon will fly everywhere.

Step 1 - I wasn't too sure how to start this project, so i went in blind. The first thing i did was remove the paper from only the green, yellow, and brown crayons. I then broke up crayons, some in halves and others in thirds. I then hot glued them to the canvas.



Step 2 - I held the canvas board up at a small angle with my crayon box and took the hairdryer to it. The crayons almost instantly started melting. I would recommend holding it up at a higher angle for more individual drips. Be very careful! The melted crayon will fly everywhere if you hold the hairdryer too close.




Step 3 - Melt the crayons to about 2/3 of the way down the canvas. Then let it dry for about a minute. Add the flowers and you're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment